Guidelines for Participants
I. Entrance and Registration
IMPORTANT: Please note that participants are required to confirm your slot by getting eventbrite tickets on or before March 25.
On March 28, please bring a proof of identification AND a copy of the eventbrite ticket or confirmation email. It can be a print out, or a digital copy on your phone/device. Make sure that the name on the ticket is the same as on your ID. Ticket will also serve as a stub for snacks, raffle, etc.
- Everyone who registered via http://wp.me/p3LnBI-9S are now welcome to attend (even without the tickets) just no guaranteed food stubs.
- Walk-ins may not be allowed to enter due to the limited capacity of the event area or be charged a Php100.00 walk-in fee, so make sure to register prior to the event to get FREE entrance.
- Registration starts at 10:00 am, followed by a short welcome and briefing. Participants are requested to come on time. If you only want to attend specific talks/activities, you can do so.
II. Schedule of activities
Please refer to the official event website: https://thinklabph.wordpress.com/arduinod15manila/
The actual topics and/or activities may change without prior notice
III. During the event
- The goal of the event is to bring the Philippine Arduino community together to learn and share experience about Arduino while having a fun celebration of Arduino’s birthday. We would like this event to be interactive as possible so feel free to ask questions and/or share your knowledge, opinions and personal experience regarding the topic. Let us learn from each other! It does not matter if you are a newbie or a pro, there’s always something new to discover as well as ideas to contribute. 🙂
- Only selected projects will be given a slot for Project Showcase sessions. You are still welcome to bring your Arduino projects, just let us know beforehand. There will be a freetalk and open session to give a chance to those who also want to share their projects or learnings about Arduino.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner towards the community and their fellow participants during the event.
- Participants are responsible for the safety of their belongings & Arduino projects, the organizers will not be held liable for any loss or damage during the event.
IV. Please note the following are STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
- Unauthorized selling of any product or service inside the event venue. Only sponsors, official Arduino distributors, and sellers of Arduino compatible devices that have been authorized by the organizers are allowed to have a booth to sell Arduino related products/service. If you would like to be a sponsor please let us know.
- Networking activities that are not related to Arduino Day.
- Any activity that disrupts the flow of the program or cause inconvenience to the organizers/other participants. Any activity that cause damage to equipment, property, and/or project exhibits within the event premises.
Frequently asked questions
1. How do I know if I have a slot for Arduino Day Manila?
2. Is the event for free?
3. I already signed up on WordPress but I did not receive an invitation via email. Can I still attend?
4. I received an invitation from Thinklab but something came up and I’m not sure if I can attend / I can no longer attend. What should I do?
5. Are walk-ins allowed on Arduino Day?
6. Are there ID requirements to enter the event?
7. What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
8. What can/can’t I bring to the event?
9. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
10. Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
11. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
12. The name on the registration/ticket doesn’t match the attendee. Is that okay?